To assist and manage production tasks related to the KBCS News Department.
To research and prepare suitable written content for broadcast and various social media formats; to work closely with the News and Public Affairs Director and other News Department Producers
Terms of Employment:
The KBCS Producer is a part time hourly position with no benefits.
Up to $20.00 per hour
The duties of the Producer include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Look for and research news and public affairs topics
- Voice headlines and scripts
- Digitally edit and mix audio content
- Write headlines and edit scripts leading into and out of featured content
- Work with existing staff on deadline
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to complete detailed work in a timely manner
- Prior voicing, digital audio production, and understanding of audio recording equipment are
- Broad knowledge and interest in public radio is a plus.
To apply for this part time position, send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The Bellevue College Foundation seeks a Development Coordinator proficient in customer service and CRM work for the Foundation and KBCS. KBCS is a community resource for independent media and alternative music.
This is a full time permanent position in the BC Foundation and supported by KBCS. The Development Coordinator is responsible managing relationships with donors, prospects, financial planners, and advisors. This position ensures that our clients and prospects understand the benefits of giving to Bellevue College, and how we positively impact Washington State, the US and Global initiatives. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of database management including gift processing, customer service, research, and member and donor communications. The position supports the Associate Directors of Development – Annual Giving and KBCS in meeting annual and special campaign related fundraising goals.
This Development Coordinator works in the BC Foundation office and will report to the Associate Director of Development – Annual Giving. This position will have primary responsibility for tracking and reporting the Foundation’s and KBCS’s annual funds. This position will also support the BC Foundation Board of Directors and other key volunteers to achieve annual fundraising goals of the Foundation including the Bec ome Exceptional Luncheon.
Responsibilities include supporting the Director of Development and other staff as appropriate in the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts; preparing reports and maintaining the database, processing contributions, drafting gift acknowledgment letters, coordinating successful fundraising and donor acknowledgment events, and researching donor prospects and constituent groups.
This position is exempt from overtime and relocation allowance.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
Essential Functions/Typical Duties
- Input and reconciliation of donor information into Raiser’s Edge.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for efficient workflow.
- Collect and manage confidential information.
- Conduct research for donor visits, as necessary.
- Mine information in the CRM in an effort to provide giving alternatives to our existing and future donors.
- Collects, reviews, and categorizes data to assist other staff in evaluating and determining development strategies.
- Analyzes, implements and maintains system documentation and data control procedures.
- Actively assists in defining and developing user documentation and in maintaining the documentation library.
- Ensure that we meet our patrons’ current specific needs, and help them with the legal documentation around contributions and estate planning.
- Ensure that our clients and prospects understand the benefits of giving to Bellevue College, and how we positively impact Washington State, the US and Global initiatives.
- Actively participate in helping Institutional Advancement meet the goals of its on-balance sheet efforts.
- Interact with donors in a clear, constructive and professional manner that protects and deepens the relationship between Bellevue College and the donor.
- Monitor donor benefits and ensure that they are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain positive relationships with financial planners and stock brokers to ensure the timely fulfillment of special gift payments.
- Partner with leadership to strengthen existing relationships and develop new client portfolios.
- Timely and effective acknowledgment to donors, supporters and friends of the BC Foundation including written, verbal and electronic public acknowledgement.
- Analyzes and processes complex contributions including stock and in-kind gift transactions.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution Or equivalent education and/or professional experience in related disciplines
- 2 years of work experience in development
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working with CRM systems
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Ability to work effectively with diverse employees and customer/client groups
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; databases and donor management software
- Effective interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Competency working with Raiser’s Edge or another constituent relationship management system
- Event planning experience
- Experience with social media campaigns and assessment
- Commitment to higher education and community-based public radio
Specific Position Requirements:
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed