Connecting you to music and ideas.
To accomplish our mission, we produce and broadcast quality programming that supports more inclusive, interdependent communities.
Operated as a public service by Bellevue College, KBCS trains and provides opportunities for community members to participate in all aspects of radio.
KBCS actively seeks to create an environment free from harassment and discrimination. As an essential part of our mission and goals, pluralism is promoted in all aspects of station life, with an emphasis on social justice. We highly value differences in life experience and social identity.
– – –
KBCS Diversity and Inclusion Statement
In order to develop and maintain an intentionally inclusive environment, Bellevue College and KBCS Radio will:
· Affirm the diversity of human identities and experiences;
· Ensure honest, fair, and ethical behavior;
· Distribute resources and services to increase access and participation;
· Create safer spaces, free from harassment and discrimination; and
· Foster meaningful dialogue that facilitates dignity, respect, understanding and transformation.
This commitment serves to challenge systems of power, privilege, and oppression and will guide practices, decisions, and activities.